2021 Washington STEM Rising Star Awards
Learn more about the annual Washington STEM Rising Star Awards on the Rising Star landing page.
Meet our 2021 Award Winners
Washington STEM received some phenomenal nominations in the inaugural 2021 Washington STEM Rising Star Awards. After an intense selectin process, 11 winners were chosen, one for each of the Washington STEM Network partners and regions.
- Alina Baravets, Southwest Region
- Madelyn Brown, Spokane Region
- Nancy Guerra Ramirez, Mid-Columbia Region
- Meg Isohata, Snohomish Region
- Sara Khan, South Central Region
- Kendall Lawson, Capital Region
- Danielle Maddox, King County Region
- Diana Soriano, Northwest Region
- Mia Stitt, West Sound Region
- Kali Stroshane, Apple Region
- Lael Williams, Tacoma Region
To learn more about each of the 2021 awardees, please visit their profile pages below.
Due to the global pandemic, we were unable to host an in-person event in 2021, but our virtual event featured words of encouragement from across Washington.
About the Awards
The 2021 Washington STEM Rising Star Awards, which were presented by Kaiser Permanente, encouraged girls to embrace STEM education and to explore the use of STEM in ways that support their education, career, and personal development and the development and needs of others. This state-wide effort acknowledged one student, nominated by a wide array of education, community, and business leaders, from each of the 11 Washington STEM Network partners/regions.
Every girl should feel empowered to take advantage of the transformational opportunities STEM has to offer. The Rising Star Awards highlight girls who will become the next generation of STEM leaders. Their accomplishments are inspirational for the people who nominated them, and we hope they will inspire all girls to reach for the stars and embrace STEM!
For more information about upcoming Rising Star awards, please click here.
- STEM – in and outside of the classroom
- Development and creation of novel projects involving STEM inside or outside of the classroom
- Using science, technology, engineering, and math as a means of service to communities and families
- Dedication to learning and exploring topics in STEM
- Academic performance in STEM based subjects
- Using STEM in creative or artistic ways
Washington STEM would like to thank Kaiser Permanente for their support of our 2021 Rising Star award program. We would also like to extend our gratitude to our STEM Network partners for their help in the development of this new award program and their assistance in the selection of amazing students from across our state! And finally, we are also incredibly grateful to all of the education, community, and business leaders who nominated girls from across our state!